The core urban challenge of our time is ‘affordable proximity’: how can ever larger numbers of people live and interact economically with each other while keeping the cost of living – especially housing – affordable?
About Tory Gattis
Tory Gattis is a Founding Senior Fellow with the Center for Opportunity Urbanism, and co-authored the original Opportunity Urbanism studies. Tory writes the popular Houston Strategies blog and its twin blog at the Houston Chronicle, Opportunity Urbanist, where he discusses strategies for making Houston a better city. Tory is a McKinsey consulting alum, TEDx speaker, and holds both an MBA and BSEE from Rice University.
Entries by Tory Gattis
By Tory Gattis
Houston’s changes during the past 30 years have created some challenges, but also is a driver of opportunities that other cities can learn from.
CONNECT WITH US
- COU Standard of Living Index 2017 – 2nd Annual EditionNovember 27, 2017
- Hurricane Harvey WhitepaperOctober 1, 2017
- Suburbs & Exurbs Grab Nearly All Metropolitan GrowthDecember 12, 2017
- The Price of Texas Growth: Housing AffordabilityNovember 30, 2017
- Houston Housing Market 3rd Quarter 2017: Impact of Harvey Strongest in Resale MarketNovember 28, 2017
Center for Opportunity Urbanism
3900 Essex Lane, Suite 1200
Houston, Texas 77027
COU is a 501c3 Non-Profit organization that exists to promote approaches that enable cities to drive opportunity for the bulk of their citizens.