The Center for Opportunity Urbanism (COU)
“America’s Housing Crisis” Conference
February 19th, 2016, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Houston Omni Hotels & Resorts Four Riverway
America’s Housing Crisis – The Study
COU will release an important new study crafted by the most talented scholars and writers in America on housing and millennials, immigrants, seniors, infrastructure, design and innovation.
America’s Housing Crisis – The Conference
Americans now devote more of their household budget to housing than ever before. Even with the economic recovery, construction levels are well below historic levels, leaving much of the country insufficiently housed. How policy makers, urbanists and business leaders can meet future housing needs will be the main topic for the conference. The conference will feature release of COU’s new study and a discussion about America’s Housing Crisis.
- Key Note Address: The Future of Suburbia in meeting housing needs in Houston and throughout America
- Alan Berger, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Advanced Urbanism
- Panel Discussion
- Joel Kotkin, Moderator
- Morley Winograd, Millennials and housing
- Tim Cisneros, the senior market
- Wendell Cox, returning to Levittown
- Anne Snyder, immigrants and housing market
Please RSVP for you and your party here. For more information call the Center at 866-‐573-‐8201.